« Carnival of the Godless | Main | Secretrons? Secretoids? »

April 02, 2007


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

No problems here. I'm using Google Reader.

Using IE7 and Outlook 2007 to retrieve your RSS feed with no problems.

So your Microsoft application mucks up html/xhtml+xml so much that even another microsoft application can't understand it.

Isn't it ironic? Well, not to me, I'd expect that from Microsoft/Windows at this point when it comes to web services.

Why don't you use something other than Microsoft Word that also does WYSYWIG editing but doesn't mangle html?

No problems in Google Reader, by the way.


That’s interesting. The guy who is having trouble says that using Outlook he gets the message:

Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'o'.
Line: 89 Character: 15

(Replace [ and ] in above with < and >)

Also, when he clicks the “subscribe to feed” link, it attempts to open a file with the extension .rdf and Windows doesn’t recognize that.

I guess you don’t get either of these problems?


Yes, the irony that only MS readers are messed up by MS tags wasn’t lost on me. ;-)

I thought about using a different editor. TypePad support suggest I use Notepad, but then I have to put all the html tags in manually. Was there any other specific editor you were thinking of - one that allows (for example) inputting indents, bold, hypertext links as WYSIWGY?

I'm using Google Reader on Firefox, and it's totally fine for me.

I'm using Google Reader on Firefox, and it's totally fine for me.

I use NewsGator (both the website and their Firefox toolbar) and have had no problems.

I just started reading your blog about a week ago. Great place.

Works fine in Google Reader.

I'm using RSS Bandit and haven't noticed any problems. I was using Thunderbird, but it was having issues where it would keep duplicating items from the feed (for all of the feeds, not just yours).

Your feed works fine in Safari 2.0 for the Mac.

Strictly speaking, the namespace error is correct, but I can't think of any browser that wouldn't just ignore it.

No problem here.

IE7 with Google Reader

I'm using Sage, so you know that's OK. I just logged into my Bloglines.com account for the first time in months, and your most recent articles were all shown there as well.

I'm reading it via the Google Reader applet on my Google Homepage, on Firefox and have no problems. (As far as I know)

I also read the (Skeptical) Bad Astronomer blog via RSS too. http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/

I read your feed through LiveJournal and it's always horribly mangled. I don't know anything about computers, though, so I don't know what's going wonky. Here's an example:

I use JetBrains Omea Reader and it works fine.

No problems with Opera 9.1

The guys at www.performancing.com have produced a Firefox plugin called Scribefire (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1730) - a browser-based editor that sends drafts to your blog - which is pretty useful.

For longer pieces I tend to write drafts using AceHTML - a reasonably low-cost but fully-featured editor suite that doesn't drop any junk code into your writing.

And while we're on the subject, I recently switched from Sage to Google Reader and I'm loving the increased feed-flexibility...

Using Thunderbird here. Seems to work fine.

Use Nvu to generate the HTML, then copy-n-paste the relevant parts to TypePad.

I'm seeing the feed ok here with http://www.rssbandit.org/

No problem with either Google Reader under Firefox 2 on WinXP or with Akregator on openSUSE.

When I subscribed to this blog, I was looking for one of those little icons labelled "RSS" or "XML". Failing to find one, I was concerned that there was no such feed. However, I then clicked on my "Subscribe" 'bookmark' for the Google Reader, and the resulting process proceeded to find the feed. It was not until I read the comments here that I realized that there is a "Subscribe to this blog's feed" link.

The comments to this entry are closed.

Search site